Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Artemis Fowl: the Atlantis Complex.

Seems like our favorite genius super-criminal has developed a slight (and quickly progressing) mental disease. I had high expectations for this book: it had to live up to all the previous books AND still intrigue me with a new story.

Eion Colfer has created another amazing Fowl tale.

It begins in Iceland, puts the characters in new situations that they don't know how to respond to. Artemis is falling apart as he tries to save the world, trusting no one, Foaly is faced with danger first hand, Holly has to take command, and it falls to Butler to protect Artemis even when he doesn't trust Butler.

The book is full of new enemies, new threats, and the one person able to stop them is trapped in his own mind.

One of my favorite Fowl books! I fall more in love with Artemis every time I read them...why can't he be around to help me with Geometry? The end of this book was slightly bittersweet knowing that there will be just one more book published. Maybe a Miles and Beckett series next? I'm voting yes for that one.

4 comments:

  1. I so need to finish the Artemis Fowl series!
    This one sounds epic. Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a little disapointed with this book...I loved the sixth one so much.... BUT. The birth mark? Orion? Omigosh, I love AF humor. I can't wait for the last one....

    PB&J

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this installment was awesome...not my fave, but WAY better than Opal Deception. I loved the ending, so simple, it made me smile and was like a good movie.
    LF

    ReplyDelete
  4. M- yes! How many of them have you read? it is pretty epic!

    PB&J- I agree...I loved it, but, it's sad cause there's only gonna be one more. I LOVE Orion. He was so funny.

    LF- it was amazing! I smiled through the whole book :)

    ReplyDelete