Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

The Great Good Thing

When I was younger somehow I ended up with a book by Roderick Townley. I don't even remember where I got it, but I read it over and over. It's the story a girl named Sylvie who lives in a story. It really appealed to me because I was always the girl with her nose in a book and it was interesting to see the relationship the reader ended up having with Sylvie. I've never thought about books and the characters in books the way they are in the Great Good Thing. The plot of the book that Sylvie lives in is very cliche, but the rest of the book is really original. I loved how Sylvie ended up saving her book and getting it re-written. I always thought it was a great book, and it's one of my childhood favorites. And, there's a sequel! This is a great book to read to little kids with big imaginations, because they'd get it, and likely, they'd never think about the books they read the same way.

4 comments:

  1. Hello :)
    I found your blog through The Inkwell.
    I love book reviews, even if I don't get to read the books... and so I'll be reading your blog.. I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I say that but I can't find where to follow. haha
    I'll be checking back to your blog just the same though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! That's SO funny! I find it interesting your blog is "Once Upon A Time." and mine is "Another Once In Time." that's just too funny! Thank you so much for following my blog!

    Blessings!

    ~Ivory

    ReplyDelete
  4. M, ok at the very top of the page there's the little bar thing, and it gives you a follow option. Thanks so much for following :)

    Ivory, I noticed that! This technically isn't my main blog, so you should follow my other one too. thank you :) you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete