Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

the rundown.

Just a short list (cause you know how much I love a list!) of the books I've been reading lately.

1) Matched, by Ally Condie. I absolutely loved this book. Cassia was such a relatable character and I really loved watching her grow. Her relationship with Ky was timed perfectly; they didn't rush into it too quickly. This was an amazing book...I can't wait for the next one to come out!

2) The Truth About Forever, by Sarah Dessen. This was the third (?) Dessen book I've read, and so far, it's been my favorite. The characters are really likeable, it's entertaining and intriguing. Macy was a great MC. One of my favorite aspects of this story was Will's art and how that worked with the rest of the story.

3) The Moon by Night, by Madeleine L'Engle. I'm a long time L'Engle fan, and this book was just as good as her others. I think it's the first in the Vicky Austin series. I've read one of the later books, a Ring of Endless Light, and I picked this one up to see how her story begins. It's entertaining and, like many other L'Engle books, has some good God stuff written in with the story.

4) Through Painted Deserts, by Donald Miller. This book deserves its own post at BLAK. It's my go-to road trip book, and I read it all the way through the Kansas and Colorado desert. It's one of my favorite Miller books.

I know there's more, but it's almost Tuesday, I'm very tired, and I'm going to try to crank out a post at BLAK.

Holiday break reading? Any 2011 books I should keep my eyes open for?

3 comments:

  1. didn't you get incarceron? have you started it yet? it's awesome. about half way through, and just now figuring out what's going to happen. i love books like that. can't wait for the movie in 2013. got a good feeling this is one of those books that'll make a good movie.
    LF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to read The Moon by Night! Great list, unfortunately I haven't been reading much lately. Sigh.

    PB&J

    ReplyDelete
  3. LF, I did get Incarceron, I just hadn't read it yet when I wrote this, cause I was waiting until the drive back from Colorado to read it. I read it on the way back and I really loved it. I can't wait to hear what you think! Do you know when the sequel comes out?

    PB&J, it's really good :) thanks and that's to bad. I hate it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete