Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Across the Universe.

So there's this book that I just read yesterday. I originally saw it on Natalie Lloyd's blog, and I thought, hmm, that looks good. So I bought it. It's a love story on a spaceship. How amazing is that? It happens to come out today, which is awesome because 1) I bought this book, like, two weeks ago, and that's a long time to wait; 2) It looks so fantastic; and 3) There's tons of fun stuff about the book that you should check out (and then maybe go get your own copy!)

Fun thing 1) Penguin Books published it. And I love Penguin Books. (unrelated information: "I have just met you, and I love you." name that movie.) Here's all the different places you can find them: Twitter, Facebook (linked above), and the Penguin Teen website.

Fun thing 2) The author, Beth Revis, is super cool and fun. You can find her here: Twitter, blog, and website.

Fun thing 3) The book! You can find the book on Facebook, the website, and Amazon, where I bought my copy.

Fun thing 4) The ship. On the website, you can explore the ship Godspeed. Most of the story actually takes place on this ship. It is so incredible. I loved looking at the hatch, where they can see the stars. (keep your eyes open for that in the book!)

Fun thing 5) At this website there's  a 111 page excerpt from the book...it will be up for twelve hours, so make sure to check it out before it's taken down!

Fun thing 6) The videos. 




How cool is the book trailer? And the ship? And the author? One of my absolute favorite things is hearing authors talk about their books and what the books mean to them.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I really want to read this book! And I'm generally not even into sci-fi type stuff. :)

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really good, but there's one part (several chapters) that's pretty edgey, sex wise. I just skipped it, and the rest was great :) I'm not usually either...I think the last time I read sci-fi was when I read C.S Lewis' space trilogy years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete