Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher.

Incarceron: a massive prison housing millions. It feeds them, clothes them, and creates them. Outside Incarceron, they believe that the prison is a paradise. Inside the prison, they don't know if Outside exists. There's no way to escape: because Incarceron is alive.

Finn is a prisoner convinced he came from Outside. Claudia is the Warden's daughter, being forced into a marriage of convenience. They both want to escape. The only way is with the help of the other.

I enjoyed this book. A lot, in fact. There really wasn't any romance, which was unexpected and appreciated. It was a little slow at the beginning, but picked up quickly. I especially liked Finn, connecting to him more than Claudia. Claudia was actually a little cold, it seemed, and I didn't connect to her as quickly. Some of the most poignant parts, in my opinion, were the ones involving Jared. He was my favorite character, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Fisher develops him in the sequel, Sapphique.

This book reminded me of the Hunger Games and C.S. Lewis' Space Trilogy put through a blender together. It's fantastic.

3 comments:

  1. I LLLOOOOVVVVEEEDDD this book. Brilliant. I loved that I didn't know what was going to happen, for me, someone whose read so many books she sees things coming, that's big. And the location of Incarceron? WHOA. Didn't see that coming at all. Jared, love him. I think he's Sapphique...he is isn't he? Did you notice however, that her word of choice was always grope??? Like every other page. "She groped it" "He reached out to grope this." Kinda gross.
    LF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have to quickly point out the my word varification was reding, like reading. Ironic.
    LF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did too! I won the sequel from Ally Condie and I can't wait for it to get here :) I never saw any of it coming! It was so fantastic. I don't know...what about the finger? It would be so cool if he was. hahaha I didn't notice that, but that's hilarious.

    that's amazing! I love it when stuff like that happens.

    ReplyDelete