Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Paperdoll Blog Party Day FOUR!

I don’t want to live a life fill of clanging cymbals and gongs and broken glass. Instead, I want to live a life that sings. True love frees up. Love lets us worship the way we want. Love gives us permission to dance to our own music and sing songs we make up out of thin air. Love doesn't care if our jeans are from Target or Saks. Love isn't into labels. Love looks past a fake smile and into an aching heart. Love forgives. Paperdoll pg 188

At first glance, I wasn't so sure about this book. It's pink. Ew. I'm not a pink-lover girl. Then there were the paper dolls. I have bad memories of being a little girl and no matter how many times I tried I could never get the paper dolls to all be attached and look like a girl. I always go really frustrated after trying and quit attempting to make them. 


I decided to pick up this book after I started following Natalie's blog and my friend Katie (who is the person who put this all together) told me that I should read it. When I got it, I read to chapter three then put it in my bookshelf. It was changing my perspective, and I didn't like it. 

I had heard the story of the women at the well more than a dozen times. With going to a Christian school, you get tired of the same old stories. You forget the power that they have when told well. Natalie did this. The story captivated me. I walked past the book everyday until eventually I picked it back up and finished it. It revolutionized the way I thought about the story of the women at the well. I loved it. She put it into a modern perspective for girls that made the story come alive. 


I wish I could copy the whole book down, or at least all of my favorite quotes from it on here. But it would be too long. I think you should read this book, then read it again. It will change you, your perspective, and the way you look at love. 


So be that girl. Be that girl who can love outrageously, because she is loved unconditionally. Paperdoll pg188


You can find Ali here. Thank you so much for doing this with me!

2 comments: